REGPEP2016 will be a joint meeting between the International Regulatory Peptide Society, the Summer Neuropeptide Conferences, and the European Neuropeptide Club. This International Meeting will take place in Rouen (Normandy, France) from July 12th to 14th, 2016. The official language of the meeting will be English. The scientific program will include 6 Plenary lectures (50 minutes each), 2 Poster sessions (2 hours each) and at least 12 Symposia with parallel sessions (2 hours each).
The meeting will focus on peptides that regulate cell, tissue or organ functions in physiological or pathological conditions. Based on proposals received from you, an International Scientific Committee will set up the program.
Examples of topics that may be addressed:
- Gastrointestinal functions
- Neurotrophic activities
- Obesity and Metabolism Regulation
- Blood-brain barrier interactions with peptides
- Peptides and the immune system
- Cardiovascular functions and diseases
- Cancer and anticancer peptides
- Peptides and stress
- Peptide delivery
- Clinical peptides
- Antimicrobial and venom peptides
- Regulatory peptides in plants
- Peptide biosynthesis and processing
- GPCR de-orphanization
One aim of the meeting is to favor translational research. Sessions may thus address both basic and clinical issues. Participation of clinicians and private companies will be encouraged. Basic research will also be well represented and we expect some sessions to include evolutionary aspects.
The International Scientific Committee will select up to 10 symposia proposed by 2 chairpersons from 2 different countries. Also, at least 2 symposia will be issued from abstract submissions.
Each symposium will last 2 hours and should address scientific issues on a coherent theme of interest to a broad audience. Each symposium should include 4 speakers. Sessions that will include translational research and presentations by speakers from private companies will be well considered in the selection process. Nevertheless, sufficient room will be left for fundamental research. Chairpersons should avoid being among the invited speakers of their session.
Registration fees will be alleviated for invited speakers.
Applications should contain:
- name / affiliation / email address of the 2 chairpersons
- title and short description (max 150 words) of the proposed symposium
- names / affiliations/2 publications of the 4 putative speakers with provisional titles of their talks
The application should be submitted as a pdf file to: email@example.com no later than June 15th, 2015.